- Former Cook County Gang Crimes Prosecutor
- Criminal Defense Attorney
- Experienced Trial Lawyer, Tried Over 70 Criminal Jury Cases
- Resident of Glenview
- Married 24 years with three children
David was born in Columbia, Pennsylvania. His father, George, served in the United States Army during the Korean War. He then spent 35 years as a Trooper for the Pennsylvania State Police where he was Commander of the Auto Theft Unit. His mother, Marian, was the manager of Kloidt’s Flower Shop in Columbia PA. His brother George works for the Pennsylvania Power and Light Company.
A Love for Education and Sports
David attended Columbia High School. He participated in the Student Council and became a member of the National Honor Society. He was active in sports, playing basketball and football as a 3 year letterman on the Varsity Football Team. After graduating Columbia High School in 1979, he attended Temple University in Philadelphia. In 1983 he received a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from the university.
A Passion for the Law
David attended The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, where he participated in Moot Court and the Mock Trial Team. During law school, he clerked at the law firm of French, Rogers, Kezelis, and Kominarik. David was also a law clerk with the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office where he was assigned to the Felony Courtroom of the Honorable James Bailey at 26th and California. David was granted a “711”License, which permitted him to participate in felony Bench Trials.
A Successful Career in Law
Law Offices of David Studenroth 1998-present
- Criminal Defense of all Misdemeanor, Felony, and Traffic Offenses
- Plaintiff Personal Injury cases
Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office 1987-1998
- Gang Prosecution Unit- Prosecution of Gang Murder Cases in City of Chicago
- Felony Trial Division- Supervised 2 Assistant State’s Attorney in Felony Courtroom
A Community Minded Family Man
- Glenview Resident
- Married 24 years to Carole Studenroth – Vice President of Sherwood Industries
- 3 Children: Jamie is a Sophomore at Creighton University, Brent is a Sophomore at Villanova University, and Scott is a Freshman at Glenbrook South High School
- Glenview Jr. Titans Football Coach
- Glenview Park District Boys and Girls Basketball Coach
2017 Jim Ryan Award for Public Integrity Recipient
David Studenroth receives the Illinois State Crime Commission’s 2017 JIM RYAN AWARD FOR PUBLIC INTEGRITY. He was honored at the TWENTY FIRST ANNUAL SALUTE TO THOSE WHO MAKE A DIFFERENCE awards dinner on Wednesday, June 21st at the Drury Lane in Oak Brook.